Bank of England – Industry Updates
- Statement on the progress of the Working Group on Productive Financeon May 7, 2021 at 2:00 pm
In November 2020, Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT), the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) announced the creation of an industry-led Working Group on Productive Finance.
- Exchange of letters between the Governor and the Chancellor regarding CPI Inflation – May 2021on May 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Exchange of letters between the Governor and the Chancellor
- Bank Rate maintained at 0.1% – May 2021on May 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
Monetary Policy Summary and minutes of the Monetary Policy Committee meeting
- Asset Purchase Facility: Gilt Purchases – Market Notice 6 May 2021on May 6, 2021 at 11:00 am
At its meeting ending on 5 May 2021, the MPC voted for the Bank of England to continue with its existing programme of UK government bond purchases, financed by the issuance of central bank reserves, maintaining the target for the stock of these purchases at £875 billion.
- Minutes of the Wholesale Distribution Steering Group – April 2021on May 4, 2021 at 3:28 pm
The Wholesale Distribution Steering Group have the objective of overseeing the design of a new end-state model for wholesale cash distribution. This is to support the UK in an environment of declining cash volumes.
- Minutes of the Productive Finance Working Group – March 2021on April 30, 2021 at 9:17 am
The second technical expert group (TEG) meeting
- Prudential Regulation Authority proposals for new “strong and simple” regulatory framework for non-systemic banks and building societieson April 29, 2021 at 1:30 pm
The Prudential Regulation Authority publishes options for discussion on changes to the way small, non-systemic banks and building societies are regulated.
- Minutes of the Meeting of the Court of Directors held on 10 February 2021on April 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The Bank’s Court of Directors acts as a unitary board, setting the organisation’s strategy and budget and taking key decisions on resourcing and appointments. Required to meet a minimum seven times per year, it has five executive members from the Bank and up to nine non-executive members.
- Sterling Liquidity Facility – Bank of England/Bank for International Settlements from 27 April 2021on April 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
The Bank of England (BoE) has entered into a facility with the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) to ensure the provision of Sterling liquidity during any future periods of market stress, complementing the BoE’s existing established network of standing bilateral swap lines.
- Changes to the provision of U.S. dollar repo operations from July 2021 – Market Notice 23 April 2021on April 23, 2021 at 8:00 am
The Bank of England, in co-ordination with other central banks, has decided to discontinue the 84-day maturity operations which provide liquidity via the standing U.S. dollar liquidity swap line arrangements.